Wednesday 28 April 2010

Review: Botanicals Award-Winning Natural and Organic Skincare

I sent away for some samples from the Botanicals website and they arrived the other day. I sent away for their "'try me' duo of award winning products" which included a sample of their Rose and Camellia Cleansing Melt and their Mint and Tea Tree Foot Balm. Included in my package (which you had to pay £1.95 p&p) was a free sample of their Rose and Camellia Clay Mask which I thought was nice of them to send. I was a little disappointed in the size of the sample I received, I know they're free but I had payed £1.95 p&p. The samples came in little clear 5g tubs with a sticker on the top with the name on it. There was also a little piece of paper in the bag with them telling you what prizes they had won at The Soil Association Organic Awards 2010. The foot balm won Best Organic Body Care Product and the cleansing melt won Best Organic Facial Skin Care Product. You also get a code for £5 off if you purchase both these products from the website. One of my only complaints about the products was the lack of information on how to use them. It says on the paper that you can look at their website for ingredients and instructions for use. I looked and I couldn't find the instructions of use. Don't know if that's just me being a bit blonde though or if its the fact they're not there but I had a good look and I couldn't see them!



So I started to use the foot balm which contains organic shea butter, cold-pressed organic oils and organic peppermint, spearmint & tea tree. I found that it is quite greasy so it doesn't really sink into your skin, cause of this I decided just to use it at night when I'm going to bed. When I get up the next morning though my feet are so soft and the cracked skin (I know, I'm sorry it's not a pretty image) I had on my heels had really softened and was looking a lot better. I didn't think that the pot wouldn't last me very long but it says that the product is concentrated so you don't need to use that much. And they were right! I've used it every night now for a week and I would say I've still got enough left in it for another couple of nights. Would I buy a full sized tub?? Yes I think I would. It's £12.50 for 50g and I reckon that would last a pretty long time seen as my little 5g tub has lasted over a week so that's pretty good value in my eyes.


I also tried the clay mask. Now this I was convinced I was only going to get one use out of. Again, I was wrong! I only used a tiny little amount which did my whole face cause it doesn't have any water in it so it's very concentrated. It contains french rose clay, organic shea butter and cold pressed organic rose hip and camellia oils and it says it's suitable for normal to dry skin and mature skin which I have to say, I have neither. Thought I would give it a go anyway. I was pleasantly surprised. I couldn't find any instructions for using the mask so I just applied it all over my face then washed it of after 15 minutes. It left my skin felling really nice and soft. I was a little worried it might make my skin quite oily as I have combination skin but it didn't which I was really pleased with. On the website you can order the clay mask in two different sizes, 30g for £11.50 or 60g for £16.50 and it also come in chamomile and mandarin (suitable for all skin types) I think if I was to buy the clay mask I would get the chamomile and mandarin as the other one isn't really for my skin type.


The cleansing melt is the only one that has instructions on how to use it in the information and it's the only one I've not used yet, typical. I've decided not to use this yet as I want to use up the rest of my current cleaser before I do. If it's as good as the other products though im looking forward to trying it. It's from the Rose and Camellia range as well and like the other products, also very concentrated. It says that there unique plant oil based formulatoin dissolves make up and restores a natural balance to your skin. The only thing im worried about using this products is that it might leave my face a bit greasy. Guess i'll just have to wait and see though.

1 comment:

  1. These looks fab. By the way, I've given you a blog award- http://sheprimpsandpreens.blogspot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...